How to Fix Runtime Error 424
Runtime errors often occur when a program fails to load either due to some problem with the program, insufficient memory, spyware, a virus, or broken script generated by a web page. Fixing runtime errors typically depends upon the root cause for its occurrence. Usually, you can narrow the cause down to the application that you are trying to use when the problem occurs, the existence of a virus, or problems with the web pages that you are attempting to visit.
What is Runtime Error 424?
When a program that you are trying to open on the computer fails to do so because of an unexpected error with the programming, Runtime Error 424 can occur. This error typically arrives with the message “Object Required.” Common programs that lead to this error include Microsoft IE version 6.0, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office Chart Wizard, and Microsoft Visual Basic.
How to Fix Runtime Error 424 Caused by IE 6.0
If runtime error 424 is caused by the inability of your Internet Explorer 6.0 to open up and load, then you can use the following instructions to correct the problem.
1) Uninstall Internet Explorer 6.0
2) Install the latest version of Internet Explorer.
How to Fix Runtime Error 424 Caused by Broken Script
When broken script on the webpage that you are trying to visit is the problem, you can safely ignore the error message without incurring any damage to your computer. Simply follow these directions to make the error message stop appearing.
1) Open up your version of Internet Explorer.
2) Select the option for Tools from the menu that runs across the top of the page.
3) Select the option labeled Internet Options.
4) Select the Advanced tab from the selections.
5) Check off the box in front of “Disable script debugging.”
6) Uncheck the box in front of “Display a notification about every script error.”
7) Select ok.
How to Fix Runtime Error 424: Run a Registry Cleaner
If the problem behind your runtime error 424 is with broken or missing registry files, you can obtain a reputable registry cleaner and attempt to resolve the problem by cleaning up the operating system.
1) Download a registry cleaner.
2) Install the registry cleaner.
3) Run the registry cleaner.
How to Fix Runtime Error 424 in Microsoft Outlook 2000
Changing the format in which you receive your messages can offer relief from this problem.
1) Open Microsoft Outlook.
2) Navigate to and select Tools from the top menu.
3) Navigate to and select Options from the menu.
4) Select Mail Format.
5) Navigate to and select “Send in this message format” from the menu.
6) Select the HTML format.
7) Save your changes.
How to Fix Runtime Error 424 Created When Using Microsoft Office Chart Wizard
A workaround can be used to avoid runtime error 424 when using the Microsoft Office Chart Wizard. Select cancel when the chart wizard appears. Create the office chart without using the wizard. The Property Toolbox can be used to make any changes. To access it, right-click the chart. Lots of information on Windows runtime errors and how to fix runtime errors in windows/programs
Runtime Error Types
How to Fix Runtime Errors